Principal Backend Engineer - Monopoly GO!
20 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Principal Backend Engineer to join our game Monopoly GO! team in Seville on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing, and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games enjoyed by millions of players. The team is based in Europe and the US and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, and implement scalable backend systems to support Monopoly GO!
- Work collaboratively with a global team of engineers, designers, and product managers
- Develop and maintain high-scale, high-availability distributed systems
- Ensure our game's reliable, safe, and high-velocity development and deployment to a global audience
- Implement best practices for infrastructure security, robustness, and observability
- Optimize and tune system performance for maximum efficiency
What We’re Looking For
- Deep experience in backend engineering, with a focus on high-scale (20M+ DAU) dynamic workloads
- Expertise in .NET development
- Strong experience with datastores such as DynamoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Solid understanding of system architecture, including distributed systems and microservices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus but not required
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.