8 days ago
Job Posting TitlePrincipal Artist/Animator
SummaryThe Principal Artist is an integral creative development role responsible for inspiring and supporting the visual development process, from collaborative conceptualization to the accomplishment of game design and development objectives, for the game studio.
What you'll do
- Supports art direction and guidance of the art team with delivery of games to the marketplace by:
- Planning and executing of our games visual content development and supporting development schedules for the art team.
- Guaranteeing quality of deliverables
- Supporting and mentoring staff
- Highly creative with exceptional conceptual, visualization and prototyping skills as well as advanced understanding of visual storytelling and methodology.
- Monitors progress of projects and confers with management to ensure that design and development is on schedule and within budgetary guidelines.
- Works closely with the Art Director to plan the visual development of ongoing and future projects.
- Communicates effectively, tactfully and comfortably with all levels of personnel within the organization – internal and external to D&D.
- Recommends methods, processes and structures for improvement based on delivery needs and capabilities.
- Supports building and development of the team to accomplish game development goals efficiently.
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Engineering or related field
- Key Competencies:
- Strong understanding of a games visual development process and methodology
- Key Contributor in the design and development of successful core and entertainment products
- Able to work cooperatively across different teams spanning artists/illustrators, game designers, software engineers and test engineers
- Thinks big and adapts to change in creative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed commercial acumen with customer focus
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Planning and strategic thinking – an ability to plan and direct to meet future business and customer requirements
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.