Principal Animation Engineer - Treyarch Vancouver
17 days ago
Job Title:Principal Animation Engineer - Treyarch Vancouver
Treyarch is looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay to join our team and be a key contributor in developing our technology to bring our future titles to life.
As a Principal Animation Engineer you will be working on developing the Call of Duty animation system used in our future titles. You will be working with engineers across multiple time zones and on technology that will be used by multiple games. You will be expected to drive the long term vision and detail the roadmap of the animation system for the years to come.
What you’ll do…
- Own and drive the animation capabilities and tooling for the Call of Duty game engine
- Support game teams and their content creators to build new games
- Collaborate with content creators and gameplay teams to learn and understand their needs
- Build positive relationships with animation teams across the Call of Duty franchise
- Actively and enthusiastically seek out help, code reviews, and advice
- Mentor other engineers in coding and animation system development
To succeed you should have…
- The ability to understand and write effective C++ code
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of 3D animation
- Communication skills for sharing ideas clearly, learning from others, and giving meaningful feedback
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Experience collaborating with content creators and technical artists
- Experience shipping AAA titles
You’re a great fit if your philosophy is to…
- Commit to doing things the right way, even when it's difficult
- Value diversity and differences in others
- Ensure discussions include every voice that has something to say
- Enable technology that makes games accessible to every person who wants to play them
- Strive to learn from the knowledge and experiences of those around you
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience with building tools for content creators
- Familiarity with animation concerns in a multiplayer game environment
- Experience working with or contributing to in-house engine development
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.