11 days ago
About Green Man Gaming
Green Man Gaming is a multi-award-winning global retailer, publisher, distributor, and technology business in the video games industry. Working with the world’s leading gaming brands, Green Man Gaming sells games to millions of customers across 195 countries via its market-leading eCommerce platform. This platform currently supports in excess of 1500 Publishers and Developers world-wide, and stocks 9000-1000 titles.
Green Man Gaming is a data driven business; therefore this makes BI team is the core of the business here at GMG. Currently, BI team is a team of 8 individuals who are experts in their areas with excellent problem solving skills and continuous learning mind-set.
General day to day tasks in BI team include querying the customer database, providing reports, insights, targeting data for marketing activities, managing pricing data, building predictive models for better customer engagement, defining customer journeys, and discovering customer stories.
BI team at GMG works with marketing (social + international), trading, engineering, finance, and content. Therefore, it provides a great opportunity to learn and master multiple stakeholder relationship + end-to-end project management.
- Manage the pricing function and develop the pricing strategy
- Lead the project management for commercial data analysis to guide strategic decision making
- Manage and develop the Pricing Administrator
- Support the Pricing Administrator with pricing activities
- Provide insights and analyses to support commercial initiatives by using Looker or SQL queries
- Develop a system of communication, documentation and review of internal and external pricing data
- Continuously improve the pricing exception reports to monitor risk and investigate data issues
- Review, analyse and recommend optimal pricing positions
- Identify sales leads per product
- Detail oriented, diplomatic team player with a proactive results orientation
- Strong commercial acumen, including knowledge and understanding of financial terminology
- Very advanced Excel skills is a must
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and solve problems, particularly in scenarios requiring both logical and lateral thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- SQL experience would be a plus
- Previous work experience in a Pricing Analyst role – min. 3 years
- People management experience
- BSc or MSc degree
- Experience with multi-layered pricing (multiple currencies and multiple price territories) is mandatory
- E-commerce, Finance or FMCG experience
- Experience with reporting tools is mandatory
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working
- 30 days’ paid holiday per year (including Bank Holidays) increased with the length of service
- Sabbatical leave following 3 and 6 years of employment
- Company Share Option Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Corporate Gym membership Scheme
- 50% game discount for employees