This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
Playground Games is looking for a Presentation Director to join the Fable team.
As a Presentation Director, you are responsible for defining the direction of all graphic design assets complementing the existing Art assets and creative direction of the game. This visual direction becomes the “Graphic design signature” for the game that will enhance the quality and the comfort of the user experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You work closely with the content team (Creative Direction, Game Direction, Art Direction and Audio Direction) to ensure that the team, internal and external partners, and the public gets a consistent, aligned message and direction.
Conceptualize, develop & direct the visual style of the game’s presentation signature, which includes:
- User interface (Menus, Navigation, HUD, interface FX and Post FX)
- All in game signs and feedback communicating game play to the user
In collaboration with the creative team:
- Contribute to the overall design process and artistic direction of the game
- Conceptualize and supervise iteration of the game’s graphic design and maintain this vision through all development phases.
- Work with the creative director and audio director to ensure that music and audio cues are in line with presentation guidelines and overall creative direction
- Contribute to the game’s artistic vision with the art director to set the style and tone for the game
- Create presentation guidelines (style guides) that will be used to direct external resources (CGI and SFX companies for ex)
- Oversee the game’s graphic design look and feel and help ensure all contributing artists understand the presentation signature
- Attend playtests sessions and adjust presentation elements based on feedbacks
- Oversee the creation of templates and guidelines for internal communication
In collaboration with third parties and brand team:
- Concept and direct implementation of graphic design assets for brand marketing and product design
- Ensuring quality/vision is respected through marketing assets created/produced (trailers, screenshots, merchandising and licensing out, etc.)
- Ensuring maximum consistency between brand and the game
As a Product Owner and Content Lead for the Presentation cell:
- Be the voice of the customer/directors within the cell (communicate and explain the vision and needs)
- Be the voice of the team towards the directors team
- Develop and maintain a vision of what the cell builds with a ROI driven mindset and a high-quality standard
- Manages (create, maintains, prioritize) the cell backlog
As a people manager:
- Proactively communicate the presentation direction vision to the team and to motivate and engage the team to leverage presentation direction in their daily work.
- Directly manage the UI/UX artists
- Demonstrate leadership, charisma, enthusiasm, and sense of commitment
- Manage reports performance with clear objective
- Leverage talent potential, Grow reports and team with a long-term vision
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
This is a fantastic opportunity to make “world-class games” with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Minimum of 8 to 12 years of experience in the creation and direction of User Interfaces within the game industry. We will consider relevant experiences from other industries.
- Experience working with brands and developing brand guidelines.
- Ability to communicate an artistic direction
- Driven to achieve high quality results
- Ability to review and critique the quality of the team’s work
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other crafts within a production team
- Understands the fine art of visual storytelling and has the ability to direct compelling visuals that create an emotion response from consumer
- An understanding of game design and how it relates to presentation elements
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience
- Up to date on current graphic design and interactive media trends
- Strong background in multiple 2D disciplines including motion graphics, print design and interactive media