16 days ago
Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to do their best work is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on open-world action-adventure games and pioneering next generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to craft unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to generate incredible stories of heroic adventure.
Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Presentation Director to help us build a highly ambitious AAA open world game with an emphasis on procedural narrative. The Presentation Director will collaborate closely with the Directors to ensure that the characters and stories come to life as they emerge through the interwoven gameplay, narrative and relationship systems.
The Presentation Director will champion the cinematic presentation of the characters and story to the team throughout the development process. They will use a variety of camera, cinematic and presentation tools to ensure that players are deeply emotionally engaged with the characters, their relationships, and their stories. Additionally, they will apply cinematic principals to elevate the action of the game to spotlight spectacular in-game events and make them cinematic and memorable.
They will help players to discover and remember amazing moments of intense drama between characters that they profoundly love or passionately hate as well as intense moments of cinematic action.
- Build and manage a team tasked with creating, developing and polishing the cinematic narrative experience.
- Contribute to all areas of the cinematic presentation including documentation, in game content, and dialogue with a focus on creating memorable and emotional moments for the player.
- Work with the Narrative Team on performance capture sessions to ensure the narrative and performance goals are being met.
- Work with the Audio and Narrative teams on the evaluation and integration of tools and technologies around procedural performance and dialogue.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish as a Cinematic or Animation director.
- Desired: Experience with high profile and beloved IP.
- Deep understanding of modern AAA games and their narrative mechanics.