Polish Translator - MOBA (12 month FTC)
8 days ago
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 60 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 10,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
The Polish Translator position will be part of the international team at our HQ in Dublin, Ireland. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally. We are passionate about providing high quality translations to our clients. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on localizing the world-renowned MOBA title and related content.
Please note: This is a 12 month FTC, relocation to Dublin is required. The working model will be Hybrid.
- Translate MOBA games content and other videogame related assets from English into Polish.
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve goal of optimal translation quality.
- Work closely with PM and Polish reviewer to ensure Polish projects are delivered on time.
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is delivered to Keywords’ client.
- Collaborate effectively with Polish reviewers and freelancers to ensure high standards of linguistic quality are achieved for Polish at all times.
- Participate in maintenance of glossaries, terminology and style guidelines.
- Help and backup the language team when required.
- Fluent level Polish speaker with high linguistic competence in translation/localization.
o +1 year experience as either freelance or in-house translator from English to Polish is a must.
o Educational qualification in linguistics.
o Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing RPG, MMO, MOBA games.
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Polish and English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.