This job might no longer be available.
Playtest Operations Associate
Los Angeles, California, United States
15 days ago
The Strategic Advisory Department helps empower Rioters' decisions to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is important to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed. Do you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of your audience (our players)? If so, this could be the role for you.
In the Playtest Operations role on the Central Playtest Infrastructure Team, reporting to the Manager, Product Management, you’ll support researchers by coordinating and moderate labs, ensuring that players have a voice in our products. This role would be an excellent fit for someone interested in learning more about user research or playtest operations as a career while participating in a meaningful and practical way. You will work with players by recruiting, screening, scheduling, and paying honorariums. In the lab, you will help by checking players in, setting up and configuring playtest devices, and operating the recording equipment. You will work with user researchers by moderating focus groups, assembling notes and summaries of important findings, and contributing to reports. You may identify and pursue new opportunities that increase the efficiency of user research operations. By working directly with playtesters and researchers, you will help ensure that Riot can serve players around the world.
- Recruit and screen participants by email, phone, or vendor relationships for a variety of local and international playtests
- Coordinate lab schedule with other CPI team members and researchers to maximize lab use across product and game teams
- Operate and troubleshoot playtest lab equipment (PCs, mobile devices, recording equipment, networking, streaming) to ensure data is collected
- Moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for authentic, applicable feedback
- Share and discuss your results with researchers
- Familiar with project management or project coordination processes
- Working knowledge of computer lab or complex audio/video setups
- Comfortable leading user discussions or moderating focus groups
- Experience with survey sampling and market research or social science techniques
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM platform and working with HTML email templates
- Experience with IT support or help desk troubleshooting, and audio/video editing
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.