This is an exciting challenge for a seasoned and ambitious industry professional to build our studio’s data culture. You’ll work to understand the data needs of the studio and the strategy to best deliver on them. As the Lead Data Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying how to best leverage game data to improve performance, drive player engagement and increase revenue. We expect you to be a major contributor to the growth strategy of our games.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can influence business decisions through data-driven recommendations. You consider yourself to be passionate about games, fun to work with and you take ownership of your responsibilities. You are always driving for innovation and championing good analytical practices and data-informed decisions.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct analyses on all aspects of the game’s lifecycle to support decision making.
- Build and maintain dashboards with the key indicators of the game’s health and performance.
- Conduct and analyse A/B tests as well as live operations.
- Give insights into player behavior using suitable statistical techniques.
- Build data products and algorithms to solve novel business cases.
- Own all the data-chain and data sources and assure their reliability.
- Be a data ambassador, promoting a data-driven culture.
- Drive forward Analytics and Data Science processes and business adoption.
Desirable skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience on a Data Science or Analytics role in the mobile industry.
- Proficient in a domain specific language such as R or Python.
- Capability to write complex SQL queries.
- Robust statistical knowledge with hands-on experience in hypothesis testing and time series analysis.
- Very good data visualisaton skills. Familiarity with a dashboarding tool like Tableau or Domo is a plus.
- Good understanding of ETL processes and how to leverage data from different data sources from APIs to data warehouses.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and analysis to business users across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
You will be working in our contemporary , open plan o ffice in Guildford with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and our new office comes with an arcade machine , 65 ” screen with games consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit delivered weekly, regular team building and social events, and even free optional yoga once a week!
In addition to 2 0 days holiday, we also have a fantastic benefits package, with Vitality medical and Bupa dental cover, cash plan, cover for life insurance, critical illness, and income protection, and a pension plan with company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Part of the Miniclip Group, Playsport Games is a supportive and friendly games studio based in Guildford, where everyone plays a full and active role in developing top quality games!
We specialise in making sports games and are proud to be the leading developer in our field.
But our most valuable asset is and will always be our team. We believe that the best games are made by the best teams. We live and breath e games, with our staff being highly productive, self-accountable and most of all great fun to be around.
For more information, visit https://www.playsportgames.com/