Player Support Specialist (Remote)
9 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are at the beginning of a new adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
Big Viking Games is seeking a Player Support Specialist to join our Customer Experience Team, for a 6 month contract (with the possibility of extension) to provide support to our growing fan base! You will be on the front lines helping players with everything from billing issues to reporting bugs. You will be a voice for the players, as well as the company and work closely with the rest of the production team to ensure they are aware of what is important to our players and fans. This role is offered 100% remotely.
In order to provide 24/7 coverage to our players, we're looking for candidates outside of the EST timezone (EMEA or APAC timezones would be ideal). You'll be able to work remotely, according to your own timezone! You'll have to complete at least 2 months of training in EST time however, prior to working in your own timezone.
Please note: the Player Support Specialist role is performed in rotational shifts, operating 7 days a week.
- Provide top-notch support to our players in order to help resolve any support tickets
- Analyze support ticket data to assess customers needs and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Contribute to Big Viking Games products with ideas for appropriate content and themes
- Maintain key performance indicators such as net promoter score, Customer Satisfaction, etc.
- Manage game communities and answering customer support emails in a timely manner
- Work alongside the QA team to help squash player-reported bugs
- Support marketing campaigns through different forums
- Ensure content on community sites is correct & frequent
- Act as a liaison between the players and our Live Ops teams
The Must Haves
- 1+ years experience in a customer service role - it's even better if you've provided support through online methods (email/chat)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to deliver information in an empathetic and concise manner
- Strong desire to provide premium service to customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with mastery in multi-tasking
- General technical proficiency & internet savvy (eg. G Suite, CRM systems, Slack, etc)
- Passion for online games
The Nice to Haves
- Strong knowledge of Free to Play, Facebook, or mobile games
- Salesforce experience on a User Level (Administration Level is a plus!)
- Experience in an online gaming environment
- Experience moderating forum discussion boards strongly preferred
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Time Off (Personal/Sick Days)
- Competitive Salaries
- Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% Remote Work Environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.