This job might no longer be available.
Player Support Representative
8 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
Do you love making players happy? Is player satisfaction just like breathing for you? Does growing a business sound like a great way to spend your time? Do you like testing apps and playing games as part of your job? Then we want to talk to you.
The Skillz Player Support team is looking for a Support Representative to work with our users to maximize player engagement, retention, and satisfaction. You’ll play a key role in broadening and deepening the company’s relationship with our players. Responsibilities will include:
- Handling player inquiries and issues directly from our players
- Handling escalated issues from outsourced support agents
- Revising and building player facing support templates, FAQ’s and other materials
- Identifying and reporting player trends and issues to other areas of the business
- Maximizing player retention
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Player Support team
- Contributing strategically to the growth and direction of Skillz products and services
- Executing in a fast-paced, team environment
- 1+ years of customer service experience at a venture-funded start-up in any of the following industries: mobile technology, social media, gaming, or advertising
- Experience working with helpdesk ticketing systems; familiarity with Zendesk is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and to players and match tone accordingly
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Mature and self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Capacity to operate effectively in a fast growth startup environment
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- Willingness to work weekends if needed
- Detail oriented, interested in games, with a competitive spirit
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
Please note that this position will start as a 12 month contract and the hours will be a 6am-2:30pm shift or a 2pm-10:30pm shift.
Hourly pay: $14/hr
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote and eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas area. Attendance in office will be required in 2021 (or when safe to do so).
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.