Player Research Operations Specialist
4 days ago
Are you passionate about Players? Do you want to champion player experience in research, the game production process and company strategy? Are you proficient in online and traditional research and interested in a role on a fantastic tight- knit team?
We are looking for a research and insights professional with a background in consumer research, research operations, consumer knowledge and UX. You will work within the Player Initiatives team, collaborating with various teams across King to ensure proper research operations processes are set up and followed.
You will work with UX specialists, designers and developers to connect them to our players and find answers to product design questions.
Most importantly, your job as the ‘Voice of the Player’ is to help King understand its players, know who they are and what would make their world more playful.
Your role within our Kingdom
As part of the Player Initiatives team you will execute player research initiatives and provide ongoing player focused guidance across multiple stakeholders. You'll drive our team forward to ensure that the Voice of the Player is heard and acted upon in the King game design process to help create unforgettable games that delight players around the world.
This role reports to the Director of Player Initiatives, VIP and Product and is based in Stockholm.
- Design processes, systems, and strategies to manage research set- up and support the UX and other research functions — from recruiting, to lab calendar management, to participant compensation — while simultaneously designing and assisting in running research sessions;
- Source and recruit participants, and assist in the implementation of the best research methods to answer questions, collate player feedback and translate data into insights;
- Bring the player perspective into the design and analysis of feedback;
- Assist in the collation of compelling and actionable insights in written reports and oral presentations;
- Seek, test and adopt new methodologies that further enhance the efficiency of the department; and
- Assist in maintaining and innovating player and research data storage.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience in player sourcing with strong customer- facing expertise and a good understanding of product development
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in mixed methods user research, to include: briefing, recruitment, questionnaire/discussion guide design, analysis, synthesis of findings, communication of insights
- Understanding the basics of data analytics and statistical concepts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships across all levels of the business
- Swedish speaker
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.