Player Optimization Specialist
16 days ago
Job Title:Player Optimization Specialist
Job Title: Player Optimization Specialist
Reporting To: Manager, Personalization & Content
Department: Experience Optimization
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As a Player Optimization Specialist at Activision, you will work within the Experience Optimization group to support our our ongoing A/B testing and optimization initiatives, content updates, and localization of our web, mobile, and in-game products and experiences. This role be responsible for leveraging various testing tools (Optimizely, Custom Internal Tools), UI technologies (HTML, CSS) and platforms (Adobe Experience Manager, Google Analytics) to develop and launch A/B tests, personalize or update UI content to improve player experiences in our games.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to create optimized and personalized experiences that drive business goals
- Develop, manage and deliver testing schedule and online optimization roadmap of tests across channels both in and out of game
- Execute tests and targeting experiences across channels in coordination with design and engineering
- Execute the day-to-day content updates and localizations for web and mobile products
- Monitor performance KPIs for changes in trends, share insights, make recommendations to key stakeholders
- Monitor ongoing tests, pull test results, and develop reports and presentations for key stakeholders
- Ensure milestones are being met and projects are on-track.
- Work in a collaborative environment with some cool people.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency and passion for iterative testing (A/B testing, multi-page testing, multivariate testing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), and testing platforms (e.g. Optimizely, Adobe Target etc.)
- Effective communicator dealing with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to leverage analytics to make data-driven decisions, create and execute optimizations that improve acquisition KPI's
- Well organized and able to handle tight deadlines
- Self-starter that requires little oversight to get the job done
- Works well in a collaborative environment
- Able to identify areas of improvement with processes and work with the appropriate team members to implement changes
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.