Player Identity Systems Designer
17 days ago
Bungie is seeking a technical, creative, and team-oriented Systems Designer for the Destiny Team. This Systems Designer is responsible for assisting with the conception, implementation, and refinement of systems that help players feel the value of their history playing Destiny. As a Systems Designer on Destiny you will learn how to build compelling systems that keep players invested in a continually evolving persistent world; working with a variety of different disciplines to produce cohesive and rewarding experiences.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work with a small team to create a wide variety of player history and collection systems
- Perform advanced scripting and tool work
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines and teams to create sustainable systems that excite and engage players
- Design creative additions and improvements for existing systems
- Tune gameplay values to create, maintain, and balance compelling experiences in a live environment
- Experience working with game development software and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who seeks to build alignment and demonstrates strong feedback skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Technical experience writing text-based scripts to manage game systems (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)
- Multiple shipped game systems within the console, mobile, or PC space
- Experience working on games as a service/live content