This job might no longer be available.
Player Experience Associate
3 months ago
Kongregate is looking for a Player Experience Associate for our mobile and web-based games, including but not limited to Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards, Bit Heroes, and Idle Frontier. Player Experience Associates respond to technical, billing, and general product questions via Zendesk and other web-based customer service tools, by writing individual responses and directing customers to useful knowledge-base articles in our self-help portal. In addition, they monitor and respond to posts in the online app stores and in the forums on Kongregate.com.
Player Experience Associates value a customer's experience above all. They are always professional, take the initiative and communicate to customers in a personable way. The successful Player Experience Associate will be a fan of games and have experience working in a fast-paced online service environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolve customer questions quickly and efficiently
- Troubleshoot customer issues
- Respond to technical, billing and product questions personably
- Suggest and draft standard responses
- Work with web-based customer service tools
- Online media, website, and online community research
- Work with moderation web-based toolsets
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to field-focused service by prioritizing field-based requests, responding quickly and favorably to field-based feedback, by minimizing tasks, and proactively seeking ways to help teams focus on customer service as productively as possible
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simplify processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided and as provided by their supervisor
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all Kongregate associates including, but not limited to, responding to voicemails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as assigned, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines, fulfilling team responsibilities and demonstrating personal commitment to the team by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible
- Developer Relations: Interacts with game developers (internal or external), imparting the experience and expertise of Kongregate to help them succeed.
- Game Knowledge: Understands the games' communities, gameplay and flaws.
- Technical Aptitude: Learns, understands and integrates new tools and processes; effectively troubleshoots player issues.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates ability to manage own emotions and those of others
- Advocacy: Draws attention to the needs of players, individually and collectively
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- At least one year of successful employment experience required
- High school diploma or GED required; 1 or more years of accredited college study preferred
- Previous experience with online communities, virtual worlds, and social networks
- Previous online retail or related customer service experience
- Proficient knowledge of the Google Apps suite
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of popular culture
- Professional, responsible, and an effective listener
- Proficient in organization and self-direction
- Ability to resolve problems while being both empathetic and decisive
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Working ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Working ability to model Kongregate's commitment to a respectful, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment consistently
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to Kongregate's policies and procedures, including but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
This position is for our Portland location
. To apply, click here
or use the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.