PlayStation Studios - Finance Analyst (Support Groups)
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the team. As the finance business partner you will focus on planning, reporting, ensuring alignment with overall strategy and direction. Our ideal team member brings knowledge of and experience in gaming industry or having come from an activity-based environment where costs are allocated to product.
You will be part of the Central PlayStation Studios Finance group, reporting to the Senior FP&A Manager. This role is responsible for Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis for global service groups, covering areas such as Creative Arts, Quality Assurance, Localization and User Testing, and other Engineering groups.
What you’ll be doing:
Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting for certain support group subject areas
Develop and produce regular and ad-hoc reports in order to appraise performance and support decision making at various levels of management.
Act as a business partner for service group department leads
Perform critical analysis of departmental performance through analysis of important metrics
Monitor capacity utilization and cost allocation reporting for service groups and assist with initiatives to improve allocation rates
Partner closely with key regional department representatives and finance staff, developing proven understanding of regional accounting practices and ensuring timelines and results are met.
Assist in the development and execution of group-wide initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience working in a financial environment with involvement in management reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel (pivots, sumifs, vlookups etc).
- Be versatile, working with large volumes of data.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new processes and technologies.
- Personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Strong communication skills (both speaking and listening)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fluid environment.
- Interest in Games and passion for the Game industry
- Experienced in SAP, Oracle or other accounting packages.
- Collaborative worker in cross functional/regional teams.
- ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA qualification
- Prior work experience in Game Industry or Media & Entertainment.
- Exposure to OLAP planning applications such as Planning Analytics
- Previous experience in report building with Cognos Analytics or a similar Business Intelligence tool (e.g. SAP BW, Business Objects).
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.