Farnham, United Kingdom
19 days ago
About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
Brief job description
We are looking for an experienced, competent programmer to join the team, to make sure versions of Two Point Hospital and our other upcoming little people games on other platforms are top notch!
About the job
We are looking for an experienced, competent programmer to join the team, to make sure versions of Two Point Hospital and our other upcoming little people games on other platforms are top notch! Programming this kind of game for consoles in particular presents some very interesting and unique challenges, so it’s a big responsibility, and a great area to own. You’ll be taming the very-different beasts of each of the current-gen consoles… but also exploring shiny next-gen stuff! We’re thinking over 3 years’ experience, but we would accept fewer for talented individuals.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Making sure the game runs on consoles, streaming platforms and various PC storefronts - including controls, interface, and using all their bespoke SDKs
- Optimising code and content to make the game FAST on all the platforms
- Ensuring compliance with platform TRCs
- Planning your own work as part of an agile team
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 years’ game industry experience (or less if you’re amazing!)
Experience with development across several platforms - though we understand not everyone gets a chance to gain this, so enthusiasm and fast learning may be good substitutes!
- All the usual programming skills: source control, code architecture, debugging, testing, some awareness of CPU and memory performance
- All the usual soft skills: problem solving, teamwork, communication, organisation, time management, self-motivation, desire to learn
- Of course, a love for games!
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Working knowledge of Unity and C#
- Deep experience with performance optimisation
- History of shipped high quality games
- 3D graphics knowledge
- Experience with the Unity addressables system