Platform Payments Specialist
12 days ago
The Platform Payments Specialist serves as part of the Platform Operations Team at Cloud Imperium Games which manages our platform account and payments services for backers of Squadron 42 and Star Citizen. The Payments Specialist is responsible for managing our payment processing implementations, vendor relationships, researching new technology offerings and features, setting policy for best practices, and reporting on fraud and dispute management in partnership with the Player Relations E-Commerce team.
Payment Specialist work largely involves interacting with account managers for our payment processors, coordinating with Platform Operations and Turbulent to triage any outstanding issues, assisting with account, order, and pledge-related issues by diagnosing and troubleshooting a wide variety of consumer issues and requests, identifying avenues of potential fraud, supporting other internal teams who interact with the pledge and eCommerce systems, and syncing with stakeholders to build our processes for the rest of the teams to follow.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as operational point of contact between internal customers and external vendors.
- Continually review current business, identifying potential opportunities for process improvement, feature enhancement, and optimized business relationships.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to build and implement best practices for fraud, chargeback, and dispute management; report daily and weekly on volume.
- Identify avenues of potential fraud and coordinate with company stakeholders for reporting and triaging downstream security needs.
- Assist Player Relations and Legal teams by providing and processing information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- A valid Passport as international travel may be required.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years managing MMO Fraud and/or E-Commerce operations.
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of MySQL and Office365.
- Excellent financial modeling, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong data processing and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of online game communities, player relations, and support principles and practices.
- Willingness to be flexible on schedule during peak play periods and during game updates.
- Experience with multiple payment processors.
- Historical knowledge of the Star Citizen Project.
This position reports to the Director of Platform Operations
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.