Platform Engineer, Psyonix Team
3 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineer at Epic
What we do
We consistently push the boundaries of precise, performant, high-quality code in all Psyonix game titles and technologies, as well as engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences
What you’ll do
We are looking for a qualified, self-motivated Software Engineer to help build and maintain cross-platform systems on multiple client environments.
In this role, you will
- Implementing new functionality from concept to completion on multiple platforms
- Adding support for existing features to new platforms, and maintaining legacy systems on multiple platforms
- Designing and creating technical specifications for major platform features and systems
- Working closely with fellow programmers, artists, and designers to meet the technical requirements of the game design
- Profiling and optimizing performance on multiple platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile
- Debugging programs for multiple platforms including desktop, consoles and mobile
What we’re looking for
- Professional programming experience with C/C++, including working on game clients at an engine level
- Experience designing, programming, and maintaining player-facing software systems
- Knowledge of platform specific APIs, features, systems, and their respective limitations
- Ability to communicate complex, technical information both in writing and verbally
- Experience architecting game systems that are efficient and easily maintainable while working with vendor specific APIs
- Comfortable with development on Mobile, Consoles & PC
- Highly self-motivated and able to deliver on strict deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
Nice to have
- Unreal Engine 3 / Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience working on at least 1 shipped title for Playstation/Xbox/PC/Mobile as a programmer/engineer
- Experience with Android and/or IOS mobile development, deployment and support
- Experience creating online multiplayer games
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.