This job might no longer be available.
Linux Platform Engineer Internship
Cary, NC United States of America
7 months ago
Epic Games Unreal Engine Rendering Team is looking for a smart, creative Linux Platform Engineer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining core systems of Unreal Engine 4 with a focus on the Linux platform for things such as the editor tools framework and many of the user facing tools used to build content. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for multiple platforms.
- Working closely with many teams to create and improve engine features for the Linux platform
- Contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of the platform development
- Improving existing features in the engine editor
- Investigating and fixing bugs to improve the overall editor experience
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ skills
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel programming is a plus
- Experience with core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong communication and follow-through working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
- We would like to see samples of your technical work online (Github, open source contributions etc.)
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!