Platform Audio Engineer
San Mateo, CA, United States
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Platform Audio Engineer
PlayStation HQ, San Mateo, CA
- Contribute to development of PlayStation audio platforms
-- E.g. user-land libraries, kernel drivers, benchmarking & testing code, SDK samples, internal demos and prototypes
- Analyze and optimize existing code across multiple platforms
-- E.g. user-land libraries & kernel drivers, x86_64/simd on Windows & target hardware, internal prototypes
- Develop internal and SDK tools
-- Contribute to and create new internal and SDK tools used for testing, validation, audio comparison, benchmarking, research and prototyping
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Strong foundation in computer science with an emphasis in algorithms, data structures, software design.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, with 3+ years hands-on industry experience in software product development.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: kernel programming , multithreading, device drivers, performance optimization.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with real-time systems, embedded systems, and/or hardware acceleration.
- Experience in Python, Matlab, Julia or Octave, working knowledge of numerical computing and digital signal processing.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.