This job might no longer be available.
Pipeline UX Designer Internship
Cary, NC United States of America
3 months ago
Epic Games Art Pipeline Team is looking for a Pipeline UX Designer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Art Pipeline Team is responsible for building and maintaining tools and workflows for artists working on all aspects of asset creation including modeling, surfacing, rigging, animation, and integration. The team facilitates workflow efficiency while also ensuring the integrity of the production data is maintained as it is shared between artists.
- Take a survey of the existing tools and workflows supported by the Art Pipeline Team from a UX perspective
- Work directly with production artists to identify bottlenecks and pain points
- Identify potential efficiency gains to be made by altering processes, tools, or workflows
- Build relationships with teams outside of the Art Pipeline group to discover new ways to improve studio efficiency
- Present survey findings to the Art Pipeline Team and offer recommendations for improving the overall user experience for each supported production team
- Passionate about UX, Information Design, HCI, and User Modeling
- UX portfolio required.
- Knowledge of Usability Testing Principles
- Strong presentation skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Takes direction, but is able to function independently
- Experience or coursework in games, visual effects, animation, or media production is preferred
- Experience or coursework in software development is a big plus
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.