Pipeline Technical Artist - Overwatch 2
1 month ago
Job Title:Pipeline Technical Artist - Overwatch 2
Pipeline Technical Artist - Overwatch 2
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced pipeline technical artist to join its powerhouse Overwatch 2 world-building development team!
You will leverage your skills by providing support for the art production process, working closely with 3D artists, lighting artists, and animators.
Your work will be aligned to the needs of a production pipeline and teams we support, and you will work collaboratively with other departments including game design, programming, art, animation, and VFX.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated technical artist who can work independently while keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Experience in the gaming industry as a tools and pipeline technical artist
- Detailed working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop
- Fluency in modern scripting languages and related UI frameworks, such as Python & PyQt/PySide
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- An avid gamer
- Experience with Houdini and creating tools with it.
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with material and shader development
- Experience with AAA Modeling pipelines/Animation pipelines
- Familiar with Blizzard games and properties
Submission / Portfolio Requirements
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel and Shot Breakdown demonstrating relevant skills
- Only online submissions will be accepted
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.