This job might no longer be available.
Pipeline TD - FIFA 3D Art
22 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
As part of our FIFA studio, the Technical Art Team helps push visual boundaries and experiences for our players. We invest in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. We combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
Pipeline TDs are known as Technical Artists (TAs) at EA Sports and are responsible for developing pipelines, workflows, and technology innovations used by content creators from our FIFA team. Reporting to our Senior Technical Art Director, they partner with development teams to build shared and scalable solutions. The main areas of responsibilities include development of content production tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration, and workflows. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their projects and bring them to resolution.
You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 3+ years of cinematic/games production experience.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python or C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Experience with 2D/3D art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Houdini.
- A solutions-provider, especially as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!