Pipeline TD, Animation & Rigging, Cinematics
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
15 days ago
Job Title:Pipeline TD, Animation & Rigging, Cinematics
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and motivated Pipeline TD (Animation and Rigging) to join the Blizzard Animation Team. This position will facilitate the development and support of shared rigging and animation technology utilized in cinematic and game creation pipelines across multiple teams. You should have a good understanding of animation, rigging, deformation and simulation tools used in the CG/VFX industry, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. In addition, you will also implement tools and workflow automation. This position will be the point of communication between multiple teams using our Rigging and Animation technology. Your excellent communication skills will be put to good use as you train, educate and inform ancillary teams of our rigging and simulation technology development.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Proficient Python development skills and debugging techniques.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to rigging, deformations.
- Strong object-oriented programming design skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools and implementing process improvements in a CG production environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Technical support focused
- Familiarity with animation and rigging pipelines
- Experience with rigging assets.
- C, C++ programming experience
- Shell scripting experience (c-shell, bash, etc.)
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiar with Blizzard games and Cinematics
Required application materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working in Blizzard Animation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.