Pipeline Developer Internship
Cary, NC United States of America
15 days ago
Epic Games is looking for a Pipeline Intern to work in our art pipeline building tools, processes, and workflows to improve artist efficiencies. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Pipeline Developer Team provides critical studio support to project artists and department leads across all Epic projects. A developer designs, develops and implements new tools and processes, as well as supports existing code, for multiple projects, departments, and teams.
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Assist leads and artists with troubleshooting of production problems. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, rendering, or data flow.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Concept, Modeling, Rigging, Animation, Lighting, FX, Production, and Research and Development.
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines, and, in some situations, establishing what the guidelines should be.
- Work closely with other Pipeline Developers, Engineers, Producers, Leads, and Art Directors to maintain and further the production pipeline.
- Testing and fixing tools created by other pipeline developers.
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python and Object Oriented Programming required.
- Professional and educational focus on the game industry, computer animation, or visual effects.
- Focused interest in developing and integrating tools into a production pipeline.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine and its workflows preferred
- Experience with 3rd Party CG systems such as Blender, Maya, Substance Painter/Designer, Houdini, Shotgun.
- Seeks knowledge from co-workers and supervisors.
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and artistic groups.
- Ability to work within an existing code base, including debugging of unfamiliar code.
This is a paid, remote internship for Fall 2020. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run through August 2020, or until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!