Pipeline Artist - Elite Dangerous
8 days ago
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous , Planet Coaster , Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo . We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
We’re looking for a Full Pipeline Artist with experience in pipeline and performance in gaming. Knowledge of Elite Dangerous and the Elite universe would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
It will be your responsibility to implement new content using established pipelines, ensuring that the technical requirements are met and providing feedback and corrections where necessary. You will also be able to examine and develop the existing approaches and propose new techniques and optimisations. You’ll be working with content creators and the pipeline team to help ensure that the visuals behind Elite Dangerous continue to deliver the awe-inspiring majesty of our universe for players to enjoy.
The role involves working within the Elite Dangerous team, communicating with Art and Production and working directly with the Pipeline Lead. We’re looking for people with the passion to deliver results that back up the calibre of titles we work on. This is one of the key roles within our team and we’re looking for candidates whose aspirations match. If you believe you have the skills and passion for this role we would love to hear from you!
- Be a main point of contact for Pipeline Art within the project
- Implement new content and assets from a number of sources
- Help maintain and improve existing assets in the game
- Work from and maintain existing processes and guidelines
- Take responsibility for the technical implementation of artwork, visuals and assets
- Use your experience to suggest improvements and simplify processes where possible
- Work with the Lead Pipeline, The Lead Artist and Production to implement Art and solve issues
- Make choices and compromises based on technical constraints, looking for effective solutions for the wider team
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to take a holistic view of issues
- Comfortable with feedback
- Technical Art skills, including:
- Using Maya for content creation
- Asset management
- Content creation best practises
- Solid understanding of modern game engines
- Working understanding of xml
- Confident and clear communicator
- Strategic experience—planning, pipeline improvements, asset management, risk assessment
- Leadership experience—mentoring/leading more junior members of the team
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.