5 days ago
As a Physics Programmer, your technological vision brings the creative ambitions of the project to life. Your experience with physical simulations, 3rd party physics middleware, 3D mathematics, and C++ programming will provide you with the skills you need to contribute to the development of game environments that simulate the real world.
- Work with the rest of the development team to code any game system including Gameplay, AI, graphics, physics, networking, sound and framework, and keep it coherent with existing code
- Collaborate and communicate with teams in the studio and around the world
- Work in highly iterative processes and R&D
- Participate in the agile development process
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance, and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge - you love R&D and learning the latest technologies. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback. You are passionate about video game mechanics. You know there is always a solution when tackling a challenge. Besides the above we are looking for some aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with the C++ language
- Software optimization skills
- 3D math skills
- Knowledge of middleware like Bullet, Havok
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina . While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more .