10 days ago
As a Physics Programmer, your technological vision brings the creative ambitions of the project to life. Your experience with physical simulations, 3rd party physics middleware, 3D mathematics, and C++ programming will provide you with the skills you need to contribute to the development of game environments that simulate the real world.
- Work with the rest of the development team to code any game system including Gameplay, AI, graphics, physics, networking, sound and framework, and keep it coherent with existing code
- Collaborate and communicate with teams in the studio and around the world
- Work in highly iterative processes and R&D
- Participate in the agile development process
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance, and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge - you love R&D and learning the latest technologies. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback. You are passionate about video game mechanics. You know there is always a solution when tackling a challenge. Besides the above we are looking for some aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with the C++ language
- Software optimization skills
- 3D math skills
- Knowledge of middleware like Bullet, Havok
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina . While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more .