Physics Gameplay Programmer
13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Unreal Engine Physics Team is looking for a smart, creative Physics Programmer Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Our Engine Programmers help enhance and maintain core systems of Unreal Engine, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms..
In This Role You Will:
- Building tests and debugging tools for the Unreal Engine physics system
- Investigating and fixing bugs related to engine code
- Collaborate with others on the team to maintain and improve current systems
- Document technology implementation details
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ skills
- Excellent math and/or physics skills preferred
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in games and physics
- Experience with multiple core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Examples of projects in gaming or game engine technology a plus
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.