10 days ago
Job Title:Photogrammetry Artist
Job Title: Photogrammetry Artist
Reporting To: Lead Photogrammetry Artist
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Your mission is to play a key role in the photogrammetric capture, development, and delivery of high-quality models and texture for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a self-sufficient, ‘fire-and-forget’ teammate who takes ownership of critical photogrammetry tasks, proactively and independently solve challenges, and delivers high quality work in a timely manner. You also have an agile and flexible mindset, as you will actively partner with some of the most talented and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
- Share your deep passion and knowledge of photogrammetry and delivering the highest quality photogrammetry output of all types .
- Research and develop new techniques to continuously improve photogrammetry process.
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction.
- Propose, plan and participate in in-field capture trips and operate capture equipment.
- Be a trusted gatekeeper for accuracy, performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Inspire and mentor fellow artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and attitude.
- Encourage artists to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 3+ total years in the games industry working in an art capacity, with at least 1 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
- Passionate and egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Strong understanding of photogrammetry techniques, cameras, lighting, and capturing any of type of subject matter’s material, surface, shape, and size.
- Strong understanding of creating PBR art assets with photogrammetry pipeline packages (Reality Capture, Maya, and/or Zbrush) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Strong communication and impressive problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
- Inspiring portfolio demonstrating compelling and realistic environments using photogrammetry-generated 2D/3D assets; ideally also demonstrating isolated content examples.
- Field work requires ability to lift at least 50 lbs., walking, kneeling, hiking, and may occasionally involve multi-day domestic or international travel.
- Proven ability to read and script tools using Python or C#.
- Familiarity with procedural content creation.
- Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
- Strong traditional art foundation.
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.