Personal Assistant (Contract Position)
Los Angeles, California, United States
14 days ago
Skillz is the largest mobile platform that matches players around the world in fair competition for real prizes. The company helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties.
Hundreds of millions of people play and compete with others in mobile games, but the majority of game developers struggle to achieve break-through success due to rising customer acquisition costs and diluted discovery in the app stores. Skillz is changing the game by giving developers the platform, tools and support services to achieve higher player engagement, retention and revenue. Skillz works with 20,000+ game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 2 billion tournaments for 30 million mobile players worldwide.
Skillz is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings, as well as the National Football League's investment arm, 32 Equity . The company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Forbes' Next Billon-Dollar Startups , Entrepreneur Magazine's 100 Brilliant Companies, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
An ambitious, smart, self-driving individual to provide personal assistant services, covering both the business and private activities of our CEO, Andrew Paradise, making a valuable contribution to a diverse and interesting portfolio of projects whilst delivering excellent support.
The personal assistant role is shared with an EA team. Tasks and responsibilities, as outlined below, will be divided up according to specific skills and preferences once the new assistant is in place, yet with a considerable overlap to ensure a smooth operation during times of annual leave, etc.
The ability to multitask is essential in this position, while also maintaining complex schedules and managing the household. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. If you enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts the growth of an aggressively fast growing organization, then this role may be the perfect fit.
This contract position will pay $30-$35 per hour.
What you'll do:
- Developing lists and executing purchases of household groceries and supplies;
- Meal planning and preparation;
- General household duties, including but not limited to, cleaning, laundry, organizing, watering plants, etc.;
- Overseeing the running of the home, including but not limited to, organizing external contractors and maintenance;
- Liaising with appropriate parties regarding personal finances, etc.;
- Coordinate with Andrew’s EA team regularly;
- Address impromptu tasks as they arise, such as researching vendors to repair broken items, and occasionally running errands outside of the home;
- Regularly checking the home when Andrew is away, making sure all is in place for his return (i.e.fridge is stocked, plants watered, house clean, etc.);
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation;
- Use good decision-making skills to determine the level of urgency of matters brought to your attention and work accordingly;
- Ability to synthesize multiple options and present recommendations and cost-benefit analyses;
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to think outside the box and independently figure out how things work;
- Anything else deemed appropriate to facilitate Andrew’s day-to-day responsibilities.
- 1-3 years work experience in the capacity of a Personal, Administrative, Executive Assistant or similar;
- Excellent computer skills and fluency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite and Calendar
- Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized while having high attention to detail;
- Ability to manage several projects at once and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Holds oneself to a high standard and expects that of others;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Self-directed and proactive, but has the ability to take direction;
- Share a passion for Skillz;
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams;
- Ability to adapt to quick changing scheduling and last minute requests;
- Fast learner and can convey correct information regarding operations, policies, practices etc., quickly and efficiently;
- Develop cross-functional relationships between departments;
- Experience with start-up environment, rapid growth, or tech is a plus;