Peripherals Licensing, Senior Account Manager
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Global licensee account management of 3 rd party peripherals and accessories for PlayStation platforms.
This position will offer a great opportunity to work with existing & new 3 rd party licensee partners to help develop and bring to market innovative peripherals and devices that enhances gamers extraordinary experiences with their PlayStation, and grow this business to meet increased revenue and KPI targets.
What you’ll be doing:
For the assigned licensee accounts, the Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Strategic Planning, Business Management & Product Roadmap planning – Manage and grow licensing business revenue through strategic planning and execution for the assigned licensee accounts. Work closely with licensees and key team members to define product roadmaps for licensed 3rd party products for the assigned licensees.
- Business Case Development and Approvals – Develop business cases to support licensing approval for new peripherals products/categories from existing or new partners, and support approval by SIE greenlight process and SIEI Tokyo licensing process.
- Deals Negotiation and Contracts Management – Discuss and finalise licensing deal terms with licensees and work with SIEA legal teams to get necessary contracts in place.
- Licensed Product Development Support - Support licensee’s product development throughout the development process by clarifying licensed product guidelines, giving feedback on product concepts, & usability testing of various prototypes. Collaborate with various SIE departments to obtain appropriate feedback and approvals.
- Assist with Licensing Operations – For the assigned licensing projects, assist licensing operations and approvals staff with product approvals co-ordination, licensing revenue accounting & forecasting and providing marketing support.
- Licensing revenue growth through strategic planning and execution
- High Media & User Review ratings (Amazon.com) of licensed peripherals to ensure high product quality of licensed peripherals
- High attach rate of licensed 3 rd party gaming controllers, and high market share of licensed audio headsets and other key licensed peripheral categories.
- High share of retailers’ shelves for licensed peripherals vs non-licensed products and improved merchandising
- Proven senior years of experience in licensing and/or product management in gaming peripheral devices or consumer electronics
- Well-rounded licensing and/or product management experience with knowledge of consumer electronics product development lifecycle, commercial savviness and some contract negotiations experience.
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive landscape. Ability to leverage consumer/market research & behavioural data to formulate insights that inform strategic plans and product roadmaps for licensee accounts.
- Strategic thinker with a global mind set who can accurately assess strategic priorities for SIE business and identify core global licensing needs.
- Able to work across internal global and local teams/leaders and galvanise them towards common objectives with clear results.
- Excellent process management skills; able to drive results across multiple parallel processes across multiple regions under tight deadlines
- Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Ideal candidates will be a licensing and/or product management professional with experience in gaming peripheral devices or consumer electronics; have ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders across cross-functional and global teams and at all levels of the organisation. Success in this position requires commercial acumen, sharp analytical & negotiation skills, and excellent communications skills as well as the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
As you will be working closely with global and local teams, international travel and calls involving late and early hours due to time zone differences will be required.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.