3 months ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Perforce Engineer who possess a passion for IT. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver global IT systems infrastructure to the development teams.
- We maintain our infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- We are a team spread across 3 continents, that work closely together, to achieve our goals to a high standard, always.
- Maintain and grow our perforce environment, working with our developers and artists to maximize our investment in the Helix toolset.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience within IT.
- At least 3+ years Perforce administration experience in an enterprise environment.
- At least 3+ years Linux Administration experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working in a medium- to large-scale software development environment.
- Perforce Server Administration with Perforce “Helix” suite on Linux.
- Linux configuration and administration skills (RHEL/Ubuntu).
- Scripting skills including bash and python.
- A comprehensive understanding of how perforce is used by developers to branch and merge code.
- Familiarity with networking concepts.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Self-motivated & confident.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with taking projects from planning through to completion.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Capacity to juggle a mixture of break-fix and project work, managing individual priorities and deadlines.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours, or out of hours as required.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- SAN/NAS installation and administration – Understanding of replication technologies would be advantageous.
- Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama administration.
- WAN acceleration technology experience (Silverpeak/Riverbed/Citrix).
- Open source Infrastructure monitoring (CheckMK/Nagios).
- Administration experience with Atlassian stack (Confluence/Jira).
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible).
- Application and web service administration (IIS/Apache/Tomcat).
- Database configuration and administration (MySQL/Percona/NoSQL).
- Scripting and automation with Ansible and Powershell.
- Alternative version control system exposure (GIT/Subversion/Bitbucket).
- Experience using/supporting enterprise monitoring tools (Elasticsearch/Splunk).
- Containerization administration and configuration (Docker/Kubernetes).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.