People and Culture Generalist
2 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We’re looking for a People and Culture Generalist to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, the ideal candidate will be a trusted advisor and coach to our People Managers. In this role, you will lead by example modeling our core values - positive, accountable, self aware, flexible and strong ownership. You are recognized as a people champion who promotes a positive work environment and learning culture.
- Establish strong partnerships with the People Managers to provide advice and coaching on business and people priorities including engagement, retention, talent development, performance management, and learning and development.
- Partner with People Managers to identify gaps and propose solutions. Help design development and succession plans and manage internal mobility.
- Actively coach People Managers to build leadership bench and capabilities.
- Drive key HR initiatives across the organization such as Total Rewards, Talent Planning, Engagement Surveys and Diversity & Inclusion.
- Lead special and cross functional projects as needed, including developing projects from scratch.
- Champion HR initiatives and programs. Coach, mentor, advise and where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal objectives.
- Five or more years of experience in Human Resources where you’ve shown high levels of integrity and collaboration in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Strong understanding and experience working with core HR competencies including compensation, employment law, organizational development, talent development, and learning & development.
- Skilled in coaching managers and relationship management.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to analyze data, assess people, understand trends, and develop prioritized recommendations.
- Proven attention to detail, accuracy, and critical thinking.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation.
- A degree in HR management or a related discipline.
- Professional experience working in the high tech industry.
- Educational background in coaching.
- Experience creating and executing diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Please note, although this role is remote for the next few months due to the pandemic, eventually it will require someone to work from the Burnaby-based studio; therefore, we are looking for candidates who are located in and around Vancouver at this time.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.