People Partner (Multiplayer & Metaverse)
15 days ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology, metaverse experiences and games to create new to connect with our partners, customers, communities and players. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how virtual worlds and online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of the intersection of interoperable metaverses, games and technology. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
“ Improbable is trying to change the world; it’s our job as enablers to ensure our people have the conditions and capability to get us there. ”
The People Team at Improbable are not your normal HR team. We are passionate about people, but first and foremost, we are passionate about making Improbable a successful business. We pride ourselves on being deeply integrated into the business and work in a true partnership with our business leaders.
Our team is comprised of accomplished professionals from across many disciplines including compensation, business partnership, design and delivery, and employee relations. We have worked in large corporate companies and smaller scaling companies. The one thing we all have in common is that we are committed to achieving our mission as a People team and are not afraid of thinking differently to get there.
The impact of our team is broad and varied, as you would expect from a company like Improbable. We must focus on achieving the capacity and capability growth required of the business without compromising on the employee experience. Our work touches organisational development; leadership and management development; design and execution of people processes, programs and policies; job architecture (levelling and ladders); wellbeing initiatives; diversity and inclusion initiatives; 1-2-1 coaching…..and much, much more!
The People team is the heartbeat of Improbable, responsible for retaining and developing our employees. Improbable is trying to change the world; it’s our job to ensure our people have the conditions and ability to get us there.
You will be joining an existing People Partner team of three with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and partnering closely with our business leads in London and Nottingham (limited travel required). As individuals, we work hard for the clients we support, but one of our biggest strengths is our unity as a team, and the value we place on collaborating with each other.
- Meet individually with people from the business every day, judging the temperature of their working environment, understanding blockers and helping them to achieve their goals through coaching, encouragement and training. You’ll assist in developing our manager community, ensuring they have the tools and knowledge to build well-oiled, high-performing teams
- Align expectations and goals for new starters, from welcome communications and developing onboarding plans, to completing their probation cycle and beyond.
- Contribute to initiatives that ensure Improbable is a great place to work. This will include working with the wider People team on onboarding, compensation, rewards, recognition, probation, D&I initiatives, performance, career planning and events.
- Generate, analyse and communicate insightful data to help us drive better decisions across the business for all things people.
- Participate in employee relations and conflict resolution where necessary. Take the time to understand opinions/concerns and apply logic, reason and intent to address them.
- Work with the Head of People of IMMS/MPG to execute on the business and people plans set by the CEO. MPG/IMMS and the Chief People Officer
Your likely profile
- Solid HR knowledge and experience; most likely within a technology-focused organisation or fast-growing environment. You’ll be comfortable acting as the single point of contact for employees in a location away from HQ and acting as an advisor to employees at all levels of the business on People related issues. You may also have experience contributing to or even leading HR projects.
- Innate levels of emotional intelligence and a willingness to invest in relationship building. You will have the ability to put people at ease and build trust
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- A team player, who thrives on collaborating with other People Partners and the specialists within our People function.
- Curious, inquisitive and ready to question when it comes to people and business.
- Sound judgement and problem-solving ability.
- Organised and meticulous when it comes to detail, especially where others might overlook it.
- Be at ease working in a multi-process environment with sometimes different approaches to the end result
- Comfortable delivering in an extremely fast-moving, dynamic environment where things can change quickly and the right solution to a problem is often ambiguous.
- Absolute, unbreakable discretion. Experience in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Analytical, with the ability to gather and interpret data, but not afraid to make decisions based on logic or experience
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.