This job might no longer be available.
People Operations Manager (Contract position)
Toronto Ontario M5V 1T4 Canada
6 months ago
Sago Mini is looking for a People Operations Manager for a 1 year contract position.
We are a team of designers, developers, builders, artists, thinkers, and doers. We make fun
apps and toys to delight both kids and parents around the world. Kids are at the heart of what we do. And we love what we do.
The People Operations Manager is responsible for finding, hiring, and retaining talented people who add to Sago Mini’s unique culture. To accomplish this, they own the recruitment, onboarding, and review processes. More importantly, they work with people internally to ensure that Sago Mini is a great place to grow a career, and externally to ensure that everyone in the industry knows it.
- Design, manage, and continuously improve the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and review processes.
- Source, qualify, and attract skilled candidates.
- Build and maintain awareness of the Sago Mini brand in technology and design communities.
- Support hiring managers in designing roles, job postings, and other aspects of their hiring process.
- Vet candidates (review resumes, prescreen interviews) and recruit for active postings.
- Own the employee onboarding experience from first contact to 2 weeks in.
- Work with managers to ensure they support their teams’ HR needs.
- Ensure employee experience and compensation is on brand and competitive with the industry.
- Own hiring and freelance/contractor databases.
- Work with management to identify near and long term people strategy.
- Evaluate all people operations processes, get feedback, and find ways to improve them.
Not part of this role:
- You won’t write employee or freelance contracts (but you will coordinate with HR/legal team).
- You won’t run studio events (but you will coordinate with the Studio Manager).
5+ years of professional experience in recruitment or talent acquisition in the tech or design space.
Experience with people/talent management/HR within a company.
You’re a clear communicator who can craft job descriptions, and interview candidates effectively.
Excellent organizational skills.
You will love this job if:
You are a people person and an active listener who’s curiosity pushes you to learn more about everyone you meet.
You’re a self-starter who likes to network and you’re enthusiastic nature allows you to hustle to find and make connections and promote our brand.
You like to bring order to information; collecting and presenting it clearly while teaching others to do similar.
A Day with Sago Mini:
Your day starts by interviewing a hiring manager to define the role for an upcoming job posting for an Interaction Designer. Then you write, edit and post a job description in our applicant tracking system. You then hop on a call to review an offer with a new hire and field any questions they have about associated paperwork. Then you build an onboarding schedule for a new hire that starts next week and email them with details about their first day. In the afternoon, you’ll work on the pipeline for new talent reaching out to co-op programs to get details about start dates and available candidates. You end the day reviewing, sorting and booking pre-screen interviews for the latest applicants and then head to a meetup to meet some of the city’s top talent.
Sago Mini is an award-winning company devoted to play. With over 40 million downloads, 30+ apps as well as a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for preschoolers and parents worldwide. Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. We offer an exceptional workplace in downtown Toronto and competitive compensation. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
If this role is for you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and say hello!