People Development Manager - EA SPORTS Central Platform team
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
20 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The new EA SPORTS Central Platform Team partners with leading EA SPORTS franchises, including FIFA, Madden, NHL and more, to support the adoption of strategic technology development programs; including platform exploration, adoption and expansion. You will collaborate and impact various SPORTS development teams to support evolving and strategic tech development goals designed to reach more players in new places.
What does a People Development Manager do?
Reporting to EA SPORTS’ Central Operations Director, you will lead and be responsible for the personal and professional development of your team. You will ensure collaboration and communication with partner teams’ leaders. You will help with resource planning and assign team members to projects based on their skills and experience. You will help shape people’s careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Build and evolve a cohesive & diverse team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Coordinate with project partners and product owners about skillsets requirements and resource planning
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified hires are available to meet project requirements
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Communicate with project team and coordinate considerations with external partners
- Provide constructive feedback throughout the year to team members and guide their career development and progression
- Create inclusive environment and address any conflict on the team
- Help implement process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or related professional work experience
- Leadership experience in a high-tech company, including managing direct reports (primarily software engineers)
- Experience in distributed development across multiple locations
- Evaluate and resolve considerations and establish success criteria
- Software development experience is preferred
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav