People & Culture (HR) Manager, Brazil
10 days ago
Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021, a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Team Liquid is looking for an experienced People & Culture (HR) Manager to join our growing team in Brazil and be a key leader for our Brazil employees and managers, responsible for providing leadership, coaching and consultative guidance across a range of people and HR areas.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage key local HR policies and processes including onboarding, leave and time off, training and development, performance management, employee relations management, offboarding, etc.
- Create and implement policies, procedures and supportive resources in line with local legislation and best practices.
- Act as the main point of contact, both internally and externally, for labor, union and employment related matters, ensuring that all issues are properly identified, investigated and resolved appropriately ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality.
- Partner with the outsourced accounting firm and internal Finance & Accounting team to manage the payroll process for Brazil employees.
- Develop and lead cultural initiatives and transformation for Team Liquid’s Brazil operations, organizing company events, finding opportunities for recognition, and creating programs that drive engagement and wellness in alignment with the organizational values and mission.
- Partner with the global People & Culture team to execute region-specific HR strategies and initiatives.
- Stay up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice, knowledge sharing with the team to ensure continuous improvement in the service offered. Identify and communicate the implications to business areas as appropriate.
What You'll Need:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in human resource management in a generalist capacity supporting a fast-paced environment .
- A thorough understanding of employment law; with the ability to apply its principles in an evolving business environment.
- Fluent level (oral and written) in English and Portuguese.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Organized with the ability to document, plan, and execute programs.
- Strong influencing and conflict management skills with the ability to approach employees and managers with difficult messages and resolve issues, advocate strongly for employees and provide clear rationale to support recommendations or solutions.