People & Culture Coordinator
5 days ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A PEOPLE & CULTURE COORDINATOR HAVE AT ESG?
East Side Games, Inc. is looking for a People & Culture Coordinator to join the HR team. You (yes, you!) are a culture champion excited to jump into a fast paced, ever-changing environment to help support the HR side of the biz. Most of all, you are a self-starter and multi-tasker…flexible, adaptable, and able to work under pressure without losing the ability to laugh!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Coordinate and deliver new hire onboarding and orientation activities, as well as support offboarding processes; ensuring a smooth and positive employee experience.
- Maintain accurate employee records throughout the employee lifecycle; organizing and updating employee documentation in our systems.
- Communicate and answer employee inquiries on HR policies and programs.
- Input and propose on how to improve HR processes, policies & procedures.
- Proactively champion a workplace culture in alignment with company values.
- Participate in the Social Committee and support culture initiatives, including managing virtual wellness activities.
- Analyze and provide regular reports on HR metrics.
- Support the performance management process, including facilitating employee reviews and tracking employee performance.
- Work with the People & Culture team to drive new initiatives that support employee engagement, including DEI and CSR.
- Support HR Business Partner with employee relations.
- Provide support for the immigration process, including new hire requirements and well as ongoing visa and permanent residency applications for new and existing employees.
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as required.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 1-2 years of progressive HR administrative experience, preferably in the high tech or gaming industry.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, & employee issues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects & deadlines.
- Detail oriented & excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- Self-motivated and possesses a positive “get stuff done” attitude.
- Someone who enjoys continuous learning and problem solving.
- A genuine interest in people & desire to help them!
- Strong ability to have fun, laugh, & not take everything so seriously!
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like somethi ng you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here ” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together!
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.