Payroll and Accounts Manager
24 days ago
Role: Payroll and Accounts Manager
Location: Liverpool (Hybrid)
We’re the developer of PlayStation 5 Exclusive Destruction AllStars, Vehicle Combat Game Switchblade, and we also work alongside the world's biggest developers and publishers on some of gaming’s biggest franchises. Located in one of the world's most iconic cities, our studios are in the heart of Liverpool's creative quarter and offer a creative and inclusive environment to work in.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll and Accounts Manager to join our team on a permanent full-time basis. This is an extremely varied role that requires excellent prioritisation and multitasking skills in order to provide day-to-day financial support to the finance team.
Reporting into our Financial Controller you will have the following duties:
- Timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll
- Effective management of company benefits (CycleScheme, Pensions, Childcare vouchers etc)
- Data entry into the accounting software (Xero)
- Assist the Financial Controller with day-to-day tasks and regular reporting
- Assist with ad hoc year end work including audit queries
- Assist with various month end procedures and reconciliations
- Process monthly expenses for the business, liaising directly with employee queries
Required Skills and Attributes
- Experience of end-end payroll processing
- Comfortable and competent using payroll software (Brightpay experience preferred but not essential
- Pension administration experience
- Strong payroll knowledge for answering queries
- Good attention to detail and a high standard of accuracy
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- General knowledge of bookkeeping (preferable experience with Xero)
- Previous practical experience working within a finance role
- Remote and Flexible working
- Private Healthcare
- Free parking
- Company pension at 4% of annual salary
- 26 days holidays
- Cycle2work scheme
- Catered Lunches
- Early Friday finish every last Friday of the month
- Profit Share Bonus & Christmas Bonus
- Monthly company breakfast
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The interview process for the Payroll and Accounts Manager role is made up of 2 stages:
- First interview (45 minutes) – An informal chat to discuss your experience and working history relating to the position with our Financial Controller and Finance Director. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Final interview (45 minutes) – A final Interview in our office with our Financial Controller and Finance Director.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact email@example.com
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We can provide suitable adjustments during our recruitment processes. Should you require adjustments/flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Lucid, please let us know in the notes/cover letter section of your application. This will not affect your application.