This job might no longer be available.
10 days ago
Objective of the Position
The US Payroll Manager, in collaboration with the payroll team, will ensure that payment cycles are fully processed and that payroll reports, time sheets, allocation of funds are all accurate. They will also ensure that all of these documents are in compliance with the applicable federal regulations as well as with company policies. Other responsibilities include: responding to employee questions about pay, as well as improving upon the procedures currently in place. The position includes the supervision of the payroll technicians processing the payroll for the US studios.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Process bi-weekly payment for all salaried employees as well as employees paid on an hourly basis;
- Compile payroll data such as wage garnishments, time off, insurance plans and other deductions;
- Communicate with project managers to make certain that the hours worked by staff are approved;
- Ensure that changes in salaries are made in an accurate and timely manner and according to payment periods;
- Ensure that year-end statements and forms are adjusted and distributed in a timely manner;
- Maintain a variety of payroll data, files and registers in paper or electronic format in order to maintain up-to-date references as well as an audit trail for compliance;
- Observe all company procedures and policies;
- Keep up with the latest payroll regulations, norms and work methods;
- Carry out all other related tasks;
- Supervise the work of the US payroll technicians
Required Profile and Skills
- College or University degree in accounting or another related field;
- Experience working with payroll is an asset;
- Energy, precision and analytical rigor;
- Good team spirit and collaboration;
- English, both spoken and written.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore, we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible work schedule
- RRSP contributions
- Paid Holidays week during Christmas
- Partnerships with STM, Telus, and BIXI (among others)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5 fully paid personal days per year
- Webinars, virtual social events, etc.