Payroll Manager - US
13 days ago
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 5,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
Keywords Studios continues to build world leading capabilities in services that video game and similar interactive content creators need. We stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients working as their external partner, providing access to our teams of experts where and when needed.
We enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the life cycle of interactive content. In so doing, we empower our clients to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating the most engaging experiences.
The US Payroll Manager, in collaboration with the payroll team, will ensure that payment cycles are fully processed and that payroll reports, time sheets, allocation of funds are all accurate. They will also ensure that all of these documents are in compliance with the applicable federal regulations as well as with company policies. Other responsibilities include: responding to employee questions about pay, as well as improving upon the procedures currently in place. The position includes the supervision of the payroll technicians processing the payroll for the US studios.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Process bi-weekly payment for all salaried employees as well as employees paid on an hourly basis;
- Compile payroll data such as wage garnishments, time off, insurance plans and other deductions;
- Communicate with project managers to make certain that the hours worked by staff are approved;
- Ensure that changes in salaries are made in an accurate and timely manner and according to payment periods;
- Ensure that year-end statements and forms are adjusted and distributed in a timely manner;
- Maintain a variety of payroll data, files and registers in paper or electronic format in order to maintain up-to-date references as well as an audit trail for compliance;
- Observe all company procedures and policies;
- Keep up with the latest payroll regulations, norms and work methods;
- Carry out all other related tasks;
- Supervise the work of the US payroll technicians
- Previous experience in financial management, financial services, or other related fields
- Knowledge of common banking practices
- 5+ years of relevant payroll leadership experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- College Degree in Accounting/Finance or another related field;
- US payroll experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated experience with developing, implementing, managing, and monitoring effective internal controls
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others across organizational levels
- Strong attention to details
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English, both spoken and written.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities