Senior Payroll Accountant
13 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As the Payroll Accountant, you’ll be the person in charge of the month-end close duties, prep audit schedules and account reconciliations. In addition, this individual will experience working with the Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, and benefits team to review and analyze payroll information and reports.
- An experienced professional: You have a Bachelor’s degree, with at least 5+ years of payroll experience using Workday payroll with a public company. International payroll experience and system implementations are also a must.
- Customer focused: You understand the delicate nature of payroll and are a natural at responding to employee inquiries to their utmost satisfaction.
- A trusted leader: You have uncompromising ethical standards, have a proven track record to handle confidential and sensitive data, have 100% accurate deliverables and are able to gain the confidence of all levels of the organization.
- Results oriented: You consistently meet deadlines in a timely fashion using your strong organizational and planning skills.
- Forward thinking: Thinking about process improvements and develop or update current processes to ensure the integrity of the payroll data and streamlining operations and strengthening internal controls.
- Performs monthly closing process and prepares various month-end journal entries and supporting documentation, including payroll reclasses, cost center and direct charges expense allocations, expense accruals, and balance sheet adjustments.
- Maintains integrity of balance sheet accounts through review and reconciliation of account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness. Works with other departments to clear reconciling items in a timely manner. Gathers affiliate company support for reconciliations.
- Process and reconcile semi-monthly funding of 401(k), FSA and HSA providers and other benefit providers as needed
- Assist with equity related employee compensation in compliance with US and International tax requirements
- Work with cross-functional departments (HR, Equity Admin, Legal, Accounting and Finance, etc.) to implement payroll process improvements and best practices, to drive excellence and eliminate errors
- Perform reviews to ensure payroll is compliant with established controls
- Support the Sox, Workers Compensation and 401(k) audits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar