This job might no longer be available.
Payments Operations Manager
14 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Are you an expert on managing complex payment flows? Do you get excited about solving cross functional problems? We’re looking for a payment professional to help us uplevel our payments team, processes & tools and build out a best in class ecosystem.
What You Will Do :
- Manage a team of payment professionals, ensuring productivity, quality and alignment
- Own payment operations KPIs, monitoring for areas of improvement and ensuring goals are hit
- Improve processes and procedures, creating a safe and seamless flow of payments in and out of the system
- Help build our payment capabilities to expand internationally
- Identify and implement new payment and or disbursement methods that further our overall strategy
- Manage the relationship with our payment vendors & tools
- Work closely with our product team to help build out our long term payment strategies
- Works with stakeholders to establish processes and procedures to ensure compliance with network rules and requirements.
- Communicate on team performance to relevant company stakeholders
- Has experience creating and/or managing payment operations scorecards to measure output and quality, with an eye towards continuous operational improvement
- 4+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of experience with Payments
- Proven culture builder
- Passionate about providing an exceptional work environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and high accountability culture
- Tech start up and/or gaming experience preferred
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.