This job might no longer be available.
Payments Analyst - Revenue Protection
3 months ago
The Revenue Protection team at Riot Games handles all global transactions from players purchasing digital goods from League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and all our new games to come. These transactions are financial records that are tracked by both Commerce and the financial services that integrate into RiotPay, our proprietary payments platform. Discrepancies in the financial information are reconciled with our financial partners and accurate reporting is generated for the accounting and finance teams at Riot.
Financial Reconciliation keeps Riot running to allow Rioters to make awesome new experiences for players. When problems appear, you’ll quickly identify and squash them, providing a rock solid platform for our Finance team to run on.
As an Payments Analyst for the Revenue Protection team, you’ll work directly on our financial reconciliation system. You will maintain the integrity of our financial data. You’ll work with all team members to ensure that we maintain excellent accuracy in tracking and reporting this data. You’ll also partner with our engineering teams to offer insights on new feature requests to maintain customer satisfaction as we grow our games portfolio in more regions.
You will report to the Revenue Protection Lead Analyst.
- Maintain financial data by:
- Monitoring database daily for missing data in both payments and payment service provider (PSP) tables
- Reloading missing data
- Ensuring quality of transaction data meet standards
- Communicate with partners about any issues related to the system
- Communicate with external 3rd parties to ensure data flow and consistency
- Understanding new feature requests and communicate them to engineers
- Address any emergent issues
- Critically assess system to provide input to the continuous improvement process
- You have 3 years of experience as an analyst or have a relevant degree, such as in statistical analysis or mathematics
- You have experience understanding and defining problems, using multiple tools to depict and track required work at a technical level
- You have experience with Analytics tools, being able to write intermediate queries for pulling data
- You are familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, Ruby)
- You have experience communicating with several partners at different levels
- You have experience being precise and accurate
- Familiarity with finance/accounting terminology and practices
- Experience with CloverDX or other ETL tools
- Experience with Python & Java
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.