Payment Operations Lead
20 days ago
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by investors like a16z, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As Payment Operations Lead, you will be responsible for managing the Payment Operations function which underpins the D2C Carry1st Shop and our B2B Pay1st API.
- Prioritising constant operational excellence for our payments infrastructure
- Monitoring performance and then directing the PayOps team to optimise further
- Managing the Payment Success team to prioritise high auth rates and customer acceptance
- Managing the Fraud team to limit losses due to fraud and chargebacks
- Working closely with the Gateway Product Lead to identify roadmap initiatives
- Maintaining payment partner integrations and relations then getting the best out of them
- Being responsible for maintaining payments compliance and regulations
- Coaching and mentoring an enthusiastic remote team to guide their career progression
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3-7 years leading a Payment Operations department as a Manager
- You are obsessed with operational excellence and constantly strive to achieve it
- Deep knowledge of the African payments landscape (incl. Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt)
- You have connections and relationships with African and Global Payment Service Providers
- Strong communicator both upwards, downwards and horizontally within an organisation
- Data-driven - data is how you measure performance and impact
- You have worked for an e-commerce company and/or for a Payment Service Provider (PSP)
- Bonus - you love the games industry
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market