1 day ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
WHAT WE DO
The Epic Games IP Partnerships team is responsible for negotiating and executing all IP licensing and partnerships that are integrated into Epic’s owned first party games, including Fortnite, Fall Guys, and Rocket League.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a creative, strategic, self-motivated Partnerships Director to join our team and manage the day-to-day pitching for Fortnite and ongoing partnerships management for Epic’s first party game partnerships. You’ll work with strategic partners and internal Epic stakeholders to identify and execute new innovative programs that expand and optimize engagement for Epic. In this role, you’ll help deliver against the global partnerships vision and annual business / game goals. The ideal candidate knows how to work cross functionally with internal teams, how to negotiate partnership deals, and how to manage teams executing partnerships.
In this role, you will
- Manage the day to day Epic 1st Party Games partnerships business negotiations for future partnerships, including primarily Fortnite, cross-games IP partnerships, and cross-game oversight, with the team lead.
- Oversee team operations and ensure smooth functioning of the IP partnerships teams, including stepping in when needed to aid in Rocket League and Fall Guys partnerships negotiations and assisting with account management/execution oversight.
- Constantly evaluate new Partnership opportunities to ensure they align with Epic’s 1st Party team goals.
- Provide team mentorship and daily guidance as needed.
- Support partnerships managers during deal negotiations when needed.
- Oversee the internal + external IP partnership execution workflow (Art/design, product, marketing, publishing, legal) for Epic’s 1st party game partnership campaigns to ensure all elements are created and executed on time
- Actively use KPIs and new product/game insights to ensure every partnership is evaluated and prioritized to focus on opportunities that drive monetization, reach, and engagement, then to amplify existing partnerships for maximum impact.
- Manage creation of frequent strategic partner reports, game/partnership analyses, and business performance docs for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Act with team lead as the key point of contact / account management lead on large scale, cross-Epic and cross-divisional partnership initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders; external strategic partners, community influencers and marketing agencies.
- Manage partnership team budgets to ensure maximized ROI for each all deals.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 10 years partnerships, business development, and partnership execution experience within Gaming (ideally with Free-to-play or games as a service) and/or Entertainment industries.
- Experience pitching, negotiating and executing (internally and externally) multi-faceted, long and short-term deals.
- Capable of devising cutting-edge partnership and partnership strategies backed up by the insightful market and player analysis.
- Understanding of the gaming space and an interest in gaming and the metaverse.
- Demonstrated ability to own a significant budget and know how to make tough trade-offs to maximize the overall player experience.
- Experience tracking KPIs across multiple games, with an understanding of how to interpret information and devise a solid set of appropriate actions.
- Enjoys developing less seasoned colleagues both within and outside your immediate team.
- Ability to build long-term relationships with key stakeholders.
- Possesses outstanding communication and negotiation skills that encourage building long-term internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.