Partner Technical Account Manager, Amazon Games
9 days ago
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent, as well as several - as of yet - undisclosed titles. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Prime Gaming, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
Amazon Games is seeking a highly talented and motivated Technical Account Manager to join our Live Operations team in sunny San Diego to help bring our titles to our partner platforms (i.e. Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, Epic & Steam).
You will work with several game teams across the globe to ensure that our games meet requirements for our publishing platform partners. This requires collaboration across diverse partners such as game team leadership, quality assurance, and other parts of the AGS organization. You will be responsible for making the engagement model and publishing guidelines visible and part of game development timelines, identifying gaps and opportunities, presenting options and driving decision making on behalf of Amazon Games. You also work to create solid publishing pipelines, ensure publishing platform approvals and creates products in our partner portals.
· Coordinate major digital product and event releases between game teams and publishing platform partners
· Maintain technical knowledge of publishing capabilities; understand the digital platform holistically, educate, and create documentation for game teams
· Understand operational & publishing aspects of Games as a Service
· Support game development teams globally; able to manage projects and partner meetings during off-business timelines.
· Able to travel and support key event milestones in person when needed.
· Directly support game developers in packaging games, downloadable content, and patches
· Partner with product marketing, dev teams, and quality assurance to remove publishing roadblocks
· Define and develop new tools and processes that improve the account and engagement model between our partners and internal stakeholders
· Attend platform developer conferences on behalf of Amazon Games and stay abreast of upcoming features and platform releases
· Account and portal management for access to partner sites
· Oversee development kit purchasing and allocations
· Support concept and product approvals
· Set up and manage SKU’s on platform stores
· Create and oversee submission processes for partner platforms
· Coordinate launch strategies with stakeholders
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 6+ years of experience in game development & industry
· 6+ years of experience with game development tools and ability to quickly familiarize with new deeply technical projects in development.
· 3+ years working with platform publishers
· Managed 3+ game products' submission cycles
· Should have at least 3 years of prior production, software or tool development (C++ preferred)
· Direct experience publishing games with Sony, Microsoft, Steam and other platforms
· Understanding of live services and the complexities of running a live product
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
· Demonstrated experience with stakeholder management, project management, and leading through influence
· Strong cross-team collaboration skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.