Software Engineer (Partners), Defence
18 days ago
Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
The Partner Engineering team are software engineers responsible for providing deep technical expertise to our strategic partners & customers to successfully develop and build with SpatialOS and our advanced probabilistic modelling products.
Partner Engineers at improbable are Software Engineers with deep knowledge of the core concepts of our faster-than-realtime simulation products, and help our industry partners to build specific products. A Partner Engineer in the Defence Unit helps design, deploy, and support solutions that are performant, scalable, and highly available wherever the end user requires.
Areas for Impact
- Your work is amongst the most high-profile and important work that Improbable Defence does.
- You will be working directly on one of our multi-year, high-value programs of work. You will work through the entire SDLC with partners.
- In early phases, you will provide design expertise as well as deep competence in our modelling & simulation products.
- As the project progresses you will serve as the Improbable product SME, leading complex areas of feature development (integrations, deployment, performance optimizations).
- At the front-line with our partners you will be uniquely positioned to influence product direction, leveraging direct feedback and qualitative evidence.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with much of the following:
- Experience building cloud-based software products, leveraging tools like Docker or Kubernetes for example.
- Experience building data-intensive software products leveraging tools like Kafka or Spark for example.
- Experience with a range of software engineering languages; we use Golang, C++, Kotlin & Typescript but welcome a range of backgrounds and are happy to train candidates up
- Natural communicator; able to work with a range of stakeholders inside and outside the core business.
- You have a desire to work with our partners who are central to our platform; these include large engineering and defence organisations.
- You have experience designing technical solutions alongside partners or customers; you may be a solutions architect or customer engineer for instance.
- You enjoy working cross-functionally, contributing to Product direction and influencing senior stakeholders.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.